This premium Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter sends audio/video from your MacBook, Mac, or PC to an HDTV, monitor or projector.
Since virtually any modern HDTV / monitor / projector has the universal HDMI port, this adapter will make sure you can:
* Extend or mirror your workstation to another screen;
* Give presentation to your classmates, students or colleagues with your own MacBook or laptop;
* Share videos with your friends and family on a bigger external screen or TV.
In 2011, Apple introduced Thunderbolt port, which is essentially a Mini DisplayPort when used for video.
How to Use It:
1. Connect its male Thunderbolt port to your computer's Thunderbolt port;
2. Connect its female HDMI port to an HDMI cable that goes to your HDTV / monitor / projector.
The following computers are supported:
1. *Apple MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro 13 inch, MacBook Pro 15 inch, MacBook Pro 17 inch;
2. *Apple Mac, Mac Pro, Mac Mini, iMac, Xserve;
3. All other computers with Thunderbolt port, Mini DisplayPort.
* Only versions released after year 2011 have Thunderbolt. Please make sure the video port on your Apple computer is a Thunderbolt port.
Connectors:Thunderbolt / Mini DisplayPort (male) --> HDMI (female);
Compliance:Mini DisplayPort v1.1a compliant;
Resolutions:1920 x 1200, 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 576i, 480p, 480i;
- NOT compatible with iPhones / iPads / Androids
- NOT compatible with MacBooks / Macs produced AFTER Sept. 2016 (Thunderbolt v3);
- NOT compatible with USB-C nor Lightning ports
- Connect computers with Mini DisplayPort to monitors, TV / HDTVs, projectors
- Video: 1080p (Full HD) and 1920 x 1200;Audio: DTS/DTS-HD, Dolby Digital / Dolby TrueHD, and Linear PCM (LPCM)