The Netgate 6100 with pfSense Plus software is one of the most versatile security gateways in its class. It combines the power of an Intel C3558 Quad Core CPU with integrated (QAT) QuickAssist Technology & AES-NI and 8 GB of memory for a snappy user experience, delivering over 18 Gbps of L3 routing across 8 independent 1 GbE, 2.5 GbE, and 10 GbE Flexible WAN/LAN ports. The 6100 is capable of performing high-throughput firewall, routing, and VPN applications. Despite its powerful performance the 6100 operates in complete silence with a passive cooling system and is ideal for pro-home, small/medium businesses, or edge deployments.
CPU: Intel Atom C3558 with QAT, 4-core @ 2.2 GHz (Denverton family)
CPU Cores: Quad Core
Physical Network I/O ports:
- (2) 10 Gbps SFP+ cage (WAN)
- (2) Auto media detect 1 Gbps (RJ45 copper / SFP fiber) "Combo Port" (WAN)
- (4) 2.5 Gbps RJ-45 "direct" (unswitched) ethernet (LAN)
Storage: 128GB eMMC (onboard - soldered) upgradable to 128GB NVMe M.2 SSD with 6100 Max
Memory: 8 GB DDR4 w/o ECC, single channel
Physical Expansion Card Slots:
- 2x m.2 (Key-B slot) with dual-SIM (LTE, Wi-Fi, or NVMe) (PCIe, USB 2.0, USB 3.0)
- 1x Mini-PCie Slot (Wi-Fi Only)
Console Port: 1 x auto-detect console port: "Cisco pinout" RJ45 + micro-USB (micro-USB cable included with each system)
USB Ports: 2 x USB 3.0 jacks (USB-A female) (located on Right Side Rear)
LED: 3 x RGB LED(s) software / bootloader controllable via Microchip MCU
Enclosure: Desktop - Aluminum, plastic, and steel enclosure.
Dimension: 254 x 200 x 47.63 mm (10 x 7.88 x 1.88 inches)
Mounting: Optional wall mount kit
Power: External ITE P/S AC/DC 100-240V, 50-60 Hz, 12V 5.0A (60W), threaded (locking) barrel connector.
Environmental: 0°C (32°F) to 40°C (104°F) - ambient
Certifications: FCC (Class B), IEC / CE, CB, UL, RoHS, RCM
- The Netgate 6100 is an ideal edge gateway solution for any organization in need of versatile network connectivity with 1 to 10 Gbps flexible WAN/LAN connections and 8 GB of DDR4 memory to deliver exceptional throughput performance.
- Network Ports: (2) 10 GbE SFP+ Ports, (2) 1 GbE Combo Ports (RJ45/SFP), and (4) discrete, unswitched 2.5 Gbps Ports allow for versatile WAN connectivity. Memory: 8 GB DDR4 RAM, DDR4 memory allows more stable, higher transfer rates for memory-intensive applications (e.g. IDS/IPS).
- CPU: Quad-Core 2.2 GHz Intel Atom CPU, with integrated AES-NI and QAT (QuickAssist Technology) significantly improves encrypted throughput
- Cooling: The passive cooling system and low power draw of the Netgate 6100 provides efficient thermal management and silent operation expected from smaller devices despite its significantly higher performance.
- Best For: Consumers, Remote Workers, Small to Medium-Sized Business Networks, Small to Medium-Sized Branch Office, Managed Service Provider / Managed Security Service Provider (MSP/MSSP), On-Premises Appliance Enterprise, Everyone looking for great performance with no fan noise Situations where a rack mount system is not an option, Anyone with High-Speed Gigabit Connections, Many VPN Connections