A metal and Open Source ARM 64-Bit Laptop for tinkering and fun
The Pinebook Pro is meant to deliver solid day-to-day Linux or *BSD experience and to be a compelling alternative to mid-ranged Chromebooks that people convert into Linux laptops.
In contrast to most mid-ranged Chromebooks however, the Pinebook Pro comes with an IPS 1080p 14″ LCD panel, a premium magnesium alloy shell, 64/128GB of eMMC storage* (more on this later – see asterisk below), a 10,000 mAh capacity battery and the modularity / hackability that only an open source project can deliver – such as the unpopulated PCIe m.2 NVMe slot (an optional feature which requires an optional adapter).
The USB-C port on the Pinebook Pro, apart from being able to transmit data and charge the unit, is also capable of digital video output up-to 4K at 60hz.
CPU: 64-Bit Dual-Core ARM 1.8GHz Cortex A72 and Quad-Core ARM 1.4GHz Cortex A53
GPU: Quad-Core MALI T-860
RAM: 4 GB LPDDR4 Dual Channel System DRAM Memory
Flash: 64 GB eMMC 5.0
Wireless: WiFi 802.11AC + Bluetooth 5.0
One USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0 Type-A Host Ports
USB 3.0 Type-C ports with alt-mode display out (DP 1.2) and 15W 5V 3A charge.
MicroSD Card Slot: 1
Headphone Jack: 1
Keyboard: Full Size ANSI(US) type Keyboard
Touch-pad: Large Multi-Touch Touchpad
Power: Input: 100~240V, Output: 5V3A
Battery: Lithium Polymer Battery (10000mAH)
Display: 14.1″ IPS LCD (1920 x 1080)
Front Camera: 2.0 Megapixels
Power Supply included
Dimension: 329mm x 220mm x 12mm (WxDxH)
Weight: 1.26 kg (2.78 lbs)
- Best for Tinkering: Linux - Majaro (Default), Ubuntu, Debian, Arch ARM, Kali, Gentoo, LFS, etc; Note: Only ARM versions of Linux are supported, it can't run x86 OS/software
- August 2020 version | CPU: 64-Bit Dual-Core ARM 1.8GHz Cortex A72 and Quad-Core ARM 1.4GHz Cortex A53 | GPU: Quad-Core MALI T-860 | RAM: 4 GB LPDDR4 Dual Channel
- Flash: 64 GB eMMC 5.0 | WiFi 802.11AC + Bluetooth 5.0 |
- One USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0 Type-A Host Ports | USB 3.0 Type-C ports with alt-mode display out (DP 1.2) and 15W 5V 3A charge | MicroSD Card Slot: 1 | Headphone Jack: 1 | Microphone: Built-in
- Display: 14.1″ IPS LCD (1920 x 1080) | Front Camera: 2.0 Megapixels | Battery: Lithium Polymer Battery (10000mAH)