Size :PM Sensor (PMS5003)
Pimoroni PMS5003 Particulate Matter Sensor with Cable
Pair this particulate matter sensor with our Enviro+ (Model: PIM458, purchased separately) and build your own air quality monitoring station to contribute to citizen science. Just plug the cable into the sensor and then into the connector on the underside of Enviro plus, and away you go!
The sensor has a small fan that sucks air through the sensor and past a laser that can detect both the number (and hence concentration) and size of particles in the surrounding air.
- Plantower PMS5003 Particulate Matter (PM) Sensor
- Detects PM1, PM2.5, PM10 particulates
- 15cm Picoblade cable
- UART serial interface
- Python library
- Dimensions: 50x38x21mm
Pimoroni Python library for the PMS5003 sensor lets you read PM1, PM2.5, and PM10 in both standard and environmental units, and numbers of particles of various sizes: >0.3, >0.5, >1.0, >2.5, >5, and >10um.
Note that if you're using this sensor with Raspberry Pi, then you'll need to make a couple of changes to its configuration. Type "sudo raspi-config" in the terminal and then under "Interfacing options" and "Serial" disable the login shell and enable the serial port hardware. Edit your "/boot/config.txt" file and add the lines "enable_uart=1" and "dtoverlay=pi3-miniuart-bt" to the bottom of the file.
The Pimoroni Enviro plus installation script (from the official website) will do all of this configuration for you.
There's a blue protective film that covers the metal casing of the sensor, and you can peel this off before use.
- Monitor air pollution cheaply and accurately with this matchbox-sized particulate matter (PM) sensor from Plantower! It senses particulates of various sizes (PM1, PM2.5, PM10) from sources like smoke, dust, pollen, metal and organic particles, and more
- Plantower PMS5003 Particulate Matter (PM) Sensor; Detects PM1, PM2.5, PM10 particulates
- Pair this particulate matter sensor with Pimoroni Enviro+ (Model: PIM458, NOT included)
- UART serial interface; Python library
- Dimensions: 50x38x21mm; 15cm Picoblade cable