Made in UK, Fan SHIM is designed to last at least 70000 hours. That's at least 8 years of usage running 24/7. In contrast, most other fans, although cheap, are rated for just 20000 hours (2.5 years).
Make your Raspberry Pi 4 seriously cool with Fan SHIM! This 30mm no-solder, controllable CPU fan with RGB LED and tactile switch will give your Raspberry Pi significantly better thermal performance. It's whisper-quiet too!
Fan SHIM uses a friction-fit header, so it just slips onto your Pi's pins and it's ready to go, no soldering required! Note that, due to the height of the fan, if you want to use HATs or pHATs with Fan SHIM, then you'll need to use a booster header.
The fan can be controlled in software, so you can do crafty things like toggle it on when the CPU reaches a certain temperature. Use the LED as a handy visual indicator to show fan status, CPU load/temperature, whatever! The tactile switch can also be programmed, so you can use it to toggle the fan on or off, or to switch between temperature-triggered or manual mode.
- Pimoroni Fan SHIM PCB
- 30mm 5V DC fan with JST connector
- M2.5 nuts and bolts
Assembly is really easy, and will take less than two minutes.
- With the component side of the PCB facing upwards, push the two M2.5 bolts through the holes from below, then screw on the first pair of nuts to secure them and act as spacers.
- Push the fan's mounting holes down onto the bolts, with the cable side of the fan downwards (as pictured) and the text on the fan upwards. Attach with another two nuts.
- Push the fan's JST connector into the socket on Fan SHIM.
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 4 (and 3 B+, 3 A+); No soldering required
- Made in UK, >70000 hours (8 years) of life expectancy, way better than most other cheap fans (20000 hrs or 2 years)
- 30mm 5V DC fan, 4200 RPM, 18.6 dB acoustic noice (whisper quiet), friction fit header, RGB LED, tactile switches, 30mm 5V DC fan with JST connector, M2.5 nuts and bolts; Fan can be controlled in software so you can turn it on at a certain CPU temperature
- Python libraries and daemon are available
- Raspberry Pi not included. Fan SHIM is NOT heatsink compatible, but you won't need one anyway!