Yes it’s finally out.
Along with Apple’s official release of iOS4, the iPhone Dev Team released UltraSn0w 0.93 to unlock iPhone iOS4 with baseband 05.13.04, which also unlocks all basebands since iPhone OS 3.0. Basically, now all iPhone 3G and 3GS can be unlocked after being jailbroken first. iPhone 3G can be jailbroken using redsn0w below, while iPhone 3GS can be jailbroken by PwnageTool 4.0
Since the tools here are still in their beta stage, we still recommend you wait for Dev Team’s stable releases, especially if you want to use PwnageTool to preserve your baseband to have an extra cushion.
But if you just cannot wait any longer, you really don’t lose that much, since iOS4 can be both jailbroken and unlocked anyway.
So here we go.
How to unlock iPhone iOS4 with baseband 05.13.04
1. Download the official iOS4 firmwares, iTunes v9.2, and redsn0w 0.9.5b5-3.
Official iTunes 9.2.
Official iOS 4.0 for iPhone 3G, 292MB, baseband: 05.13.04.
MD5: 851BA4B463FF6C7F0F07DB3AC9A600D5, SHA1: EE1EBA9281B902D7FF3F24D50F9AEBFF0DF27F92
Official iOS 4.0 for iPhone 3GS, 377MB, baseband: 05.13.04.
MD5: F9819AD9A52324AC6F10E4A0EA581CBD, SHA1: E065245874C73510CEB8FA4BD9388B60D46EB252
Official iOS 4.0 for iPhone 4, 579MB, baseband: 01.59.00.
MD5: 8717BE79FB38CD83AA5E5956EB0608B7, SHA1: 171C2A3995FA149F2A369CCD87F82C5C30DA3F88
For iPhone 3G: redsn0w 0.9.5b5-3 for Mac OSX x86, redsn0w 0.9.5b5-3 for Windows
For iPhone 3GS: PwnageTool 4.0 for Mac OSX only
2. Install iTunes v9.2 and back up your iPhone.
3. Jailbreak your iOS4 with redsn0w 0.95 for iPhone 3G, or with PwnageTool 4.0 for iPhone 3GS.
4. T-Mobile USA users should disable 3G now.
5. Launch Cydia from your iPhone home screen.
6. Then search for ‘ultrasn0w’ in Cydia and install ultrasn0w. Install it and restart your iPhone.
Share your unlocking experiences by leaving comments below.
Follow us on Twitter for more news.
- Unlock iPhone iOS 4 Baseband 05.13.04 With Upcoming Dev Team’s Tool
- iPhone iOS 4 Gold Master Found in the Wild (Download)